Friday, December 19, 2008

Winding down the year with a survey

I completely stole this poll from another blogger, but I saved the list and lost who I stole it from! So credit to someone for the list :-)

~ What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? I can't think of anything I did that was new.....
~ Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My generic resolution last year was to lose weight, which was an epic fail. Next year my only resolution is to be healthy, nothing specific on weight (since losing weight is an obvious part of being healthy.)
~ Did anyone close to you give birth? I had several friends have babies! :)
~ Did anyone close to you die? My grandpa :(
~ What countries did you spend time in this year? Just the good ole U.S. of A.
~ What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A house!!!
~ What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I can't think of any specific dates off the top of my head.
~ What was your biggest achievement of the year? Learning how to be a better person and not hold grudges against others
~ What was your biggest failure? Not pushing myself harder to lose weight and keep the house neater.
~ Did you suffer any serious injury or illness? Not personally, knock on wood
~ What was the best thing you bought? New clothes from my part time job at Avenue - I needed them desparately.
~ Whose behaviour merited celebration? Rett, for always standing by me no matter what.
~ Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed? I can't think of anyone specific right now
~ Where did most of your money go? Darn bills
~ What did you get really, really, really excited about? Rett finally getting a job in November!
~ Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? little sadder
b) thinner or fatter? little fatter
c) richer or poorer? lot poorer
~ What do you wish you'd done more of? exercise
~ What do you wish you'd done less of? eat! lol
~How did you spend Christmas? This year will be pretty typical - Christmas Eve with my parents, Christmas day spent with Rett's family
~ Did you fall in love in 2008? Only more in love with Rett :)
~ What are the main websites you used? My chat board with my friends, Pogo games (I'm addicted!), my Google blog reader and Facebook
~ How many one-night stands? Heck no
~ What was your favorite TV program? I have too many! CSI, Grey's Anatomy, Chuck, Heroes, House, True Blood, and some more.
~ Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nope
~ What was the best book you read? The Twilight Series!!!!! I fell in total and complete love with it.
~ What did you want and not get? A house and a baby in my belly
~ What was your favorite film of this year? Twilight. lol
~ What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I must be getting old, because I don't remember. I turned 26.
~ What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Rett not losing his job this summer.
~ How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Don't look like a slob
~ What kept you sane? Rett and my friends
~ What political issue stirred you the most? Not really any specific issue, but I found it really amazing how strongly everyone felt this year. It didn't seem like there were many people in the middle of the road, everyone
~ Who did you miss? My grandpa
~ Who was the best new person you met? I made several new friends :-) Sarah, Emily, Lindsay, Fara, Jeff, and some others.
~ Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Sometimes people hurt us, but the only way to really deal with it is to keep your head high and remember that you stayed true to yourself.
~ What sums up this year? (a word, a quote...?) Stressful!

1 comment: