Monday, December 1, 2008

Trying to get back in the swing of blogging

Hi again, anyone who's still with me

It's been a rough couple of months in the Rett & Stephanie house. My grandpa passed away, my parents aren't sure if they'll be able to keep their house, Rett not being able to make sales because of the "wonderful" economy, etc. Sometimes still being afloat is all that we can ask. Rett finally got a job that he starts next week, and it seems like it'll be perfect for him. He's going to work for Safelite Auto Glass doing in-bound sales, but he's paid hourly not by commission

I'm starting a new chapter in my weight loss battles. I'm going to start checking out Ohio State's bariatric surgery program. Our insurance requires that we start with a 6 month diet and exercise program that's followed by their registered dieticians, so I'm hoping that it will be enough for me to really start with my dieting and getting where I need to be with my weight. My goal is to not need the surgery, but if I go through the 6 month program and can't lose 10% of my body weight, then it seems like surgery might be the best next option. I'm nervous since I've heard as many horror stories as I have good stories, but I'm just taking it one step at a time at this point.

Anyway, hopefully this will mark my return to blogging, as I see where life leads us next!


3 comments: