Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Idiot of the year

I'm going to try to be nice - but I can't promise much since I'm totally flaming over this article.

MSN posted this story about a family who named their child after Adolf Hitler and is now mad that they're encountering prejudice against the name. To quote the SNL Weekend Update skit... "REALLY?" Really moron people, you didn't think that people might find it a bit off-putting that you named your child after one of the most evil men in history? You really think they need to "They need to accept a name. A name's a name" - because there are lots of deragatory names I can think of right now that you probably wouldn't just "accept" as a name. It's great that they say they're not teaching prejudice to their child, but they obviously didn't think about the struggle he is going to have once he is in school and learning about the Holocaust and everything that his namesake did to innocent people.

I need to cut this off now - before I say something completely inappropriate. Suffice it to say - these people do not need to have any more children, in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. They have a little tiny baby girl named Aryian Nation or some crap like that, too. I think it was selfish and ignorant on their part.

    ReplyDelete