Monday, December 8, 2008

To sleep, perchance to dream...

Sleep is so under-rated. I love sleeping in, napping, cuddling in bed, warm blankets -- all that great stuff. Lately though, I haven't been able to sleep at all. I've had nights that I stay up all night, no matter what I do to fall asleep. I don't remember the last time I was in bed for midnight.

My main problem has been dreaming about my grandpa. Every night since he's passed (2 weeks ago today), I've had a dream about him. This weekend I had one that we went to the funeral home for the viewing and Grandpa was sittting there and asked why we left him there overnight, said he was hungry and wanted to go to dinner. The oddest thing about it was that we just acted like it was no big deal ("Sorry Grandpa, we didn't know. How does Bob Evan's sound?") I keep trying to tell myself that it's just my grandpa's way of letting me know he's okay and it's like nothing changed, he's happy, etc -- but geez I'm tired of dreaming that he's alive every night :-(

1 comment:

  1. ((HUGS)) I hope you can find some peace and some sleep very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete